1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern U.S.(New York) Daylight Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern (now US Daylight Time).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Day 26

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Marytabby, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Marytabby

Marytabby Peer Supporter

I am doing the SEP diligently, trying to ask myself what I am FEELING when I feel bladder symptoms come up. Usually the answer is "I'm feeling anxious or I'm feeling mad" and I then tell myself why I think that's so. A new symptom that has started up yesterday and continuing today is a weird palpitation either from my heart, but more likely from my pectoral muscle near my heart. I literally can see this fast spasm at my heart area (at the breast). It's an interesting new TMS thing that I have no worry about but I do want to delve deeper into this. I journaled today that perhaps the new symptom (close to my heart area) is heart sadness and grief over my brother dying in May and losing a new relationship 3 weeks ago that never quite launched after 5 weeks when all the bladder stuff started. Just an idea, not a definite surety.

2. Walt Oleksy

Walt Oleksy Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Marytabby. You've gone through a lot since May, losing your brother and the relationship ended. No wonder a new symptom showed up. I'm 86 and have lost family, friends, and beloved dogs. I just tell myself to keep going and better times are coming.
    I hope you can also be positive about things getting better. Make up your mind to that. Keep remembering how calming it is to practice deep breathing and to tell yourself a positive mantra... maybe something like "I am happy. I am healthy."

3. Marytabby

Marytabby Peer Supporter

Thanks, Walt. I actually have had an almost purrfect week. Scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, I am at a 9.5 with the bladder. I took myself to Kripalu, which is a yoga and spiritual retreat in the Berkshires here in Massachusetts. I stayed for two days and over those 2 days I did seven different spiritual healing a and bodywork treatments with the staff. I worked through some grief in those sessions and I'm also continuing to do this SEP program. I believe I have turned the corner and I am going to continue finishing this program. Also I have a new TMS symptom now, heart palpitations, but I am not worried about it in the least because I know it is TMS on the run so I take it as a really good sign.