1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern U.S.(New York) Daylight Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern (now US Daylight Time).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Day 26 Another big attack

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Cat Lady 13, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Cat Lady 13

Cat Lady 13 New Member

I woke up on Sunday morning with the same muscle spasms that has now happened 3 times. I was able to deal with it pretty well and in spite of the pain I went to the beach and watched the waves and walked a bit.

I know that it's a big project at work that is bothering me. And I believe that I am afraid. I lost my job a few years ago in spite of doing everything my best. I had NEVER been written up before and it's the most humiliating experience. I was so embarrassed but I was able to negotiate my way out of the position without getting fired. This was during the recession in 2009 so I had no job for 7 months until I found the position at my current company where I have been for 8 years.

Now I think I am just terrified that if I don't see this project through I will get fired or written up. However so many parts of this project are not in my control.

I have a very good reputation overall at my company but being a TMSer I always think the worst and beat myself up. I have covered all the bases I can to do my part in this project and continue to try to think positive.

I think the repressed emotions are lack of control and fear seeing as how I spent a great deal of my childhood feeling out of control with divorced parents and a mentally ill mother. So I will keep talking to that inner child and doing meditation until this project is over. It will be a long month.

2. Walt Oleksy

Walt Oleksy Beloved Grand Eagle

Cat Lady, you'll get through this. Just try to think positive and believe you are a strong, capable person. You are, you know.