1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 25

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by nopain123, May 4, 2015.

1. nopain123

nopain123 New Member

I started off this program very positive and felt like I was making good progress. I was trying to sit without my cushion. That is my only problem. I exercise regularily. I walk 5km everyday. Its the sitting that is the problem. This last week my tush really flared up and I would be lying if I said I am not hugely disappointed but...im not giving up. I want to be kayaking this summer. I know its my stress and anxiety level thats currently bothering me. Its like the stress never takes a day off. So thats me on day 25

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Don't give up Nopain! I had strange teeth pain the other day, and when I decided it was TMS instead of anything else, the pain did not go away immediately. That is it's nature sometimes. A few days later, the teeth are fine, and I have no pain or fear. Good luck.
    Andy B.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, guys. This is a good exchange of posts. Nopain, maybe you've developed some conditioned reflex to sitting, thinking that
    when you sit you will be in pain. But it's very good that you attribute it to TMS and are working on the psychological cause(s).

And Andy, the teeth pain is also TMS if it came and then went away. Same thing happened to me the other day.
    Felt like a minor toothache, then told myself it was TMS and it went away. I've been under some financial stress and
    know for sure that causes TMS. I told myself things are going to get better and the toothache went away.

4. lighthouse15

lighthouse15 New Member

Hi nopain123

Just get rid of the cushion. It will continue to hurt in the beginning but after time the pain will continue to diminish and you will realise there was never a need for it!

5. nopain123

nopain123 New Member

Yes I definately think you are right Walt. I do expect I will be in pain when I sit. I have not used the cushion this week. No better when I am sitting but no worse either. I think I need to focus on reassuring myself. Thank you Andy, Walt and Lighthouse15