1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

day 25

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by aa3405, Apr 13, 2014.

1. aa3405

aa3405 Peer Supporter

What TMS success stories have you found helpful, beneficial, inspiring? This is the question for today's forum post.
    I have to say that I have been impressed with all the TMS stories that I have read about in Dr. Sarno's books and online from the TMS forum. I think that this work is not always easy for everyone and that it does take time to heal our wounds if they are deep emotional issues from our childhood. Once this is done, I think it makes it easier to heal our physical issues. Of course the first step is to admit and become aware of the connection between our shadows and physical pains. I feel blessed to have found out about Dr. Sarno and this website.

hecate105 likes this.
  2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Me too. I was impressed with Steve o book and story, he really kept on even when not getting results, his faith in his own diagnosis of TMS dragged him thru after so many years of pain and disability. I find so many posts on the TMS forum inspiring. I find my own recovery quite miraculous - but I also have days when stuff closes in on me and I feel downhearted and confused. Like today! But I make myself do some of the activities that I know will sort me out, journaling, meditations and practical steps - like saying NO! I think we have to accept that it is an ongoing process - this recovery from TMS. We are sensitive people and will not suddenly change - it's just that we now know what to do in order to cope with emotions and situations. We have to trust in the process and keep at it. After 4 x A4 pages of angst about various relatives and a half hour meditation I feel ready to face the day - bring it on!!