1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 25 - Thoughts and apprehensions

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jonjon, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Jonjon

Jonjon New Member

Overall, I have been feeling so much better with my eye strain. I feel so much more capable of doing things and know that if I put my mind to it, I can do virtually anything again.

I am still a bit apprehensive about the fact that I am feeling a lot more emotional at times, and I guess I find it hard to genuinely express and make peace with my emotions and feelings.

Does any have any advice or suggestions for this? Would be much appreciated!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, JonJon. I think you need to spend less time thinking about your emotions and feelings and spend more on finding ways to relax and enjoy life. It's good to write down those emotions and feelings that cause physical problems, but then let them go. Let your subconscious deal with them.

Eye strain can be a TMS symptom, but maybe you're also using them too much on a computer or watching television. Give your eyes a rest, coupled with deep breathing: Breathe in through the nose to the count of 4, hold for 7, and exhale through the mouth to 8. It really is relaxing. I work on the computer all day and it gives me eye-strain, so resting them helps.