1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 25 status

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ithantech, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Ithantech

Ithantech Peer Supporter

Today's exercise starts with the assignment to post a forum update in status and apprehensions.

On status, I'm definitely improved dramatically from where I started. Pain from sciatica mostly gone, although I still have muscle weakness and a general slowness in my left leg. It is a good reminder that I still have work to do psychologically.

On apprehensions, change is hard. I've seen how easy it can be to give lip service to this program but not really change my mindset or habits. I think this is especially true as my symptoms ease and I resume a more activities. The busier I get, the easier it is to slip back into lifelong habits.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

You're doing great, Ithantech.

I just wrote this in another post, and I think it's worth repeating:

Your eventual goal is to get to the point where thinking psychologically instead of physically becomes second nature, and where you are able to trust your instincts so well that you'll be able to tell the difference between your brain playing its TMS tricks on you, vs. something that you need to pay attention to.

Keep up the good work!

3. Ithantech

Ithantech Peer Supporter

That's a great goal to envision. I see glimpses of it now. Thanks for the encouragement.

JanAtheCPA likes this.