1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 25 Reflections

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Archie, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Archie

Archie Peer Supporter

Hi, I am very slowly working my way through the SEP and after several weeks am at day 25. Initially I got very anxious that I wasn't progressing faster , but then decided to give myself a break :) and work at my own pace. I have been doing a lot of useful journaling, bringing up a lot of rage and difficult emotions, which has been helpful, and my symptoms are getting better. Other things have been popping up which I am pretty sure is due to the symptom imperative, but I am trusting in the process and that they will also go away.
    I get quite anxious at times when I read the TMS forums because of the difficulties that people have, and worry that I will also have them! And also range from feeling hugely positive and hopeful, through to feeling overwhelmed by all the "good things I should be doing" to help recovery, and worried that I am not doing it right, should be doing other things, should be doing more etc. etc. - which I know is a direct result of my "TMS personality" !!! The main next step for me is to find ways to practice self-compassion/ soothing/ self-acceptance, as my default is to push myself hard all the time.
    It is a great programme, and aside from the symptom relief, it has helped me enormously from an emotional point of view. Thankyou Dr Sarno.

healingfromchronicpain and rain like this.
  2. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

Archie,

Yes...it's often not the best, if you feel impressionable, to read other people's posts if they have symptoms you fear.

Fear is the big obstacle to wellness, I think. My head can get caught up in so many "worst case scenarios."

In a self-soothing way, I remind myself that my brain is not used to seeking happiness and that I will have to make happiness a habit that I practice.
    This way I'm not always thinking: What is wrong with you???

I also put my hand over my own heart and say out loud: "All is well. I am safe. I am safe. I am moving in the direction of complete wellness."

best wishes. Thanks for posting your story.

healingfromchronicpain and westb like this.
  3. Archie

Archie Peer Supporter

Thankyou MWsunin12 for your reply. It is always so helpful to have insights and suggestions from others . Thankyou :)

MWsunin12 likes this.