1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 25 - recent flare-ups, but not giving up

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by mellowrider, May 21, 2015.

1. mellowrider

mellowrider Newcomer

I'm now on day 25 of S.E.P. and still finding it helpful, especially the journalling exercises. I still have RSI/TMS pain in my shins, arms and hands, but maybe not quite as intense as before.

I tried working out again as I did before all the pain, but after I did push ups, burpees, etc, the pain in my hands flared up for days. It may be due to conditioning, but I'm not a hundred per cent sure it's not also something neurological. I've had the hand pain for ten months now and it's been about two months since I learned about TMS.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Doing push ups may not be a good idea until you are more free of pain.
    Dr. Sarno suggest that.

And you have to believe in TMS 100 percent to heal.

It's good that you are journaling. That's how we find our repressed emotions or
    perfectionist and goodist personality traits that cause us pain.

And yes, you may have conditioned your mind to expect to have pain when you exercise.
    Just keep telling yourself a positive mantra such as "I feel fine when I exercise."