1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 25-pain moving to hand/feet

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Seeking, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Seeking

Seeking New Member

my original pain symptoms have dramatically lessened in my back and migraines. Now my left hand/wrist started having pain when pressure is applied in yoga and I started to get pains in my feet. I'm struggling to remind myself that this is tms just moving. Daily I'm searching for more unresolved emotions and ways to soothe the discomfort through self talk. I am hoping that with consistent practice, all of this will resolve on its own. Any advice out there?

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Seeking - this sounds like progress!

My favorite self-talk mantra, if you like, is to just tell my brain "This (pain, or whatever) is NOT necessary, I'm fine, I'm safe, and there is nothing wrong with my (back/hand/digestion/whatever). Anything along those lines. You brain worries that you won't be on the alert for danger, so you need to assure it that you are not in danger! And, keep working on all those thoughts and interactions which crop up every day, and which trigger old fear responses. Some might be deep, others might be shallow - but we're constantly judging and beating up on ourselves - and the key to recovery lies in a lot more self-love and acceptance.

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Well put!!!!!

Seeking, Know that your work is having effects! Know that this is TMS symptoms moving around and name it, just as you're doing.

4. Seeking

Seeking New Member

Thank you for the words of encouragement @JanAtheCPA and @Andy B . Going through this process I never guessed it would be diving so deep uncovering layers of horrible, negative self-talk (that I didn't even realize was happening) and also slowly uncovering triggers causing me to become aggressive from things that happened in my childhood. My next challenge I feel like is how to resolve some of these old wounds instead of continuing to allow it to affect me or continue to create negative emotions within me. Much love!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  5. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

You are winning! The fact that it's moving around is proof.

Every time I had a 'new' issue and then reapplied the 'Sarno Process' the death throes of the distraction was it moving... say it was my knee. Magically my OTHER knee, or my elbow would start aching...and then I would laugh for joy because it meant the game was over. Just finish strong and keep doing what your doing. It's working

Seeking and JanAtheCPA like this.
  6. Marinedad

Marinedad Well known member

My pain as been moving around for the last 4 years I thought the same thing I said it’s over soon and still same pain moving everyday ?