1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 25 - My favorite story

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Leonor, May 15, 2013.

1. Leonor

Leonor Peer Supporter

I have been doing this program for some time and I still have a terrible pain in my neck. Yesterday I had some conversations with family and had some stressors during the day and late afternoon I felt an intense pain in my left shoulder. I did analyze what happened during the day, how I reacted and what passed events might have influenced this pain. I did not see an improvement right away but when I went to sleep listening to Dr. Schubiner's relaxation CD I noticed in the morning that I slept 6 hrs in a row and that was surprising to me. I still woke up terrible sore and tired but when I realized that I slept longer and deeper I knew I am improving.

I don't have a favorite story but I can say that I love the stories I can relate to, namely the ones where people take longer to recover. The story from day 25 was very encouraging because it took her a long time to recover and that is what is happening to me. I wanted to heal faster really bad but I had to accept that I needed more time. All that matters now is that I know I have TMS, that I will recover and do everything possible to achieve my pain free life.

gailnyc and Leslie like this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

It is great to see how confident you are. The one thing that I found to be true for me, is that the more I believed in myself and that my symptoms were benign, the more progress I made. Keep it up, you will get there.

3. gailnyc

gailnyc Well known member

I feel exactly the same way.

I don't know if you have checked out tmshelp.com, another tms board, but there are lots of "slow recovery" success stories over there, though you do have to search for them. I find them very encouraging, because that's the way it's going for me too.