1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 25 Day 25 How I'm Doing So Far

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by LindaRK, Mar 4, 2014.

1. LindaRK

LindaRK Well known member

Can't believe it's already Day 25 in the SEP! Time flies when you're having fun! ;) My recent pain has consisted of a combination of low back and both legs, with occasionally shoulder and mid-back. Been doing okay painwise, especially since I haven't been that active due to being sick. Thankfully, feeling better now, so I am becoming more active. Something I'm looking forward to, as I think it will be a big step in the program for me. Right now, the frustrating part is that I woke up and my lower back really hurts. Why? Well, probably from conditioning. I hauled a box full of paper downt the stairs and out to the garage yesterday .... of course, when I picked up the box, the first thought that came to my mind was "last time you did this it brought on lower back pain". I told myself that this was just "conditioning". Well, woke up and the pain was there. Told myself it's psychological and not physical. I mean, why would it take 12 hours to show up?! Arggghhh!!!! So, dealing with that today and feeling cranky and emotional. Off to journal .......

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Your doing great LindaRK. Remember the pain is still there because you have your focus on it, right. This is often how we get conditioned and the trigger was the box. So give yourself a break by thinking clean. No matter what your not allowed to worry about pain. I know this sounds funny but the way you recondition is to think about your journaling and the emotional issues right.
    But often when the pain is real bad you could think about your right pinky finger if you just have to think physical but I think you have come a long way and you have really picked a lot of knowledge up so remember this is knowledge therapy so whenever you hurt think what is it bothering me emotionally -- then ask why is it bothering me and you should get to the reaction of focus or fear that you can stop in its tracks eventually effecting a reconditioning phase ok. Give yourself a good hug and know you have done great.

Thanks for your post. Wow