1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 25 - How I'm doing/apprehensions

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Adventureseeker, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Adventureseeker

Adventureseeker Peer Supporter

So I'm more than half way through this program and I can say that it's like having the angel and the devil whispering in my ears all the time:

There's the SEP programme and the TMS evidence that I've gathered, coupled with the improvements I see
    vs
    My apprehensions and doubts.

So overall, how am I doing? I would say I never imagined I could see such progress simply by following an online programme! When I think of how it felt like a month ago, the progress is evident and my happiness level has never been so high these past nine months.
    Of course, since I'm so keen to start sports and trekking again I still get my apprehensions. What if the symptoms will never subside completely? What if sports will make it worse? Or now that I've started working again (and typing) what if the hand nerve pain gets worse? Could it really ALL be TMS?

I am being quite faithless maybe to let these doubts assail me at all; after all the benefits and improvement I've made in the last month is evident! Anyway, I shall keep at it, and will try to gradually introduce more physical activities each day.

2. paintnpourparty

paintnpourparty New Member

Hi Adventureseeker, I'm new to this understanding as well. I found Dr. Sarno Mid-July from a Youtube video that mentioned his work and I went off and running to learn about TMS. I know I have it since very young and I am also very hopeful to heal it for good. But I do tend to get like you with the doubts. Like can I really go hiking far and not have IBS flare up due to anxiety of no bathroom nearby? I haven't tried it yet. Fear is a big thing to overcome as I process all this information. I am doing well at noticing the tension in my body and all the pressure I put on myself through out the day. This is good, I find that awareness is 9/10's of the cure for this and many other things in life.

I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR THIS FORUM, THE WEBINARS & Dr. John Sarno!!!!!!!

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Some of the best advice on TMS healing comes from Steve Ozanich in his book The Great Pain Deception. He tells how he healed from severe pains all over by continuing to play golf despite the pain. It took awhile, and he had to discover some serious repressed anger, but he healed and is a big champion of Dr. Sarno and TMS. Or read his new and shorter book, Back Pain: Permanent Healing. Buy it from amazon.com books in paperback or Kindle. It's not just about back pain but all kinds of pain.