1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 25 Day 25 Check-in

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by BCR, Jul 13, 2014.

1. BCR

BCR New Member

Only recently realized that my life has been a game of medical whack-a-mole. A long list of issues most of which may very well fit under the TMS and associated conditions umbrella. It's a stunning realization, but explains the poor results from medical treatments and unending health problems.

I began this SEP with three distinct health problems. Two have shown some gradual improvements and the medications I was given for them for them are almost down to zero. New symptoms have popped up, then faded. My hip pain is proving very stubborn, so obviously still a ways to go. None of my experiences have been a steady straight line, more like two steps forward, one back etc.

I actually felt angry that so many claim complete relief after simply reading a book and here I am with multiple problems despite working so hard at it, how unfair! And it creates doubts that this is a useful approach for me. But I see others in the same boat, and I do see my own slow progress. I am thankful for this program, even slow progress is more than I was experiencing prior to trying it.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, BCR Yes, I felt the same way, that I didn't heal from back pain immediately after reading Healing Back Pain. It took several more months
    to heal. What did it was finally giving up the thought that at least 10 percent of the pain was structural, from aging. Believing 100 percent that the pain is from TMS, repressed emotions and/or perfectionist personality is crucial to healing. You're in a real big boat with lots of others, so just keep paddling and you will be pain free.

3. BCR

BCR New Member

I am not likely to give up, perfectionists are that way :) Doubts are a constant companion though, especially for someone paid to be skeptical. But some relief means something good is happening and I have noticed dream fragments are now occurring regularly for the first time in 25 years. The unconscious seems to be stirred up a bit. We will see. Thanks for your encouragement and support Walt.