1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 24 Day 24

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by aa3405, Mar 18, 2014.

1. aa3405

aa3405 Peer Supporter

Have you noticed any positive changes in your life while going through this program? If so what role did your TMS/PPD treatment play in it. If not, what areas of your life do you need to make changes?

I have definitely noticed positive changes in my physical symptoms. My plantar fascitiis was completely gone, but after discussing the fact that it was healed with my fiance it returned. He still does not believe it was a somatic complaint related to my emotions. I think that triggered the pain again. I have the pain as I am writing this. I hope that it subsides with my awareness of its cause. My eye twitching is intermittent as well as my facial rash and stomach issues.

One thing that I notice that I am doing more of is stress eating. I seriously cannot control my food intake when I am stressed. I don't know if that is part of my TMS; I feel that instead of channeling the emotions into a physical issue, I am now soothing myself with food. I know that the feeling of fear triggers most of my issues. I am getting married this year and I am looking for a new job as well. I have fear about asking for what I want as I negotiate contracts for job offers and also fear asking for what I want from my fiance at times. I know that the main change I need to make is to not fear expressing my needs. I always fear rejection, disappointment, and anger from the other person, which is what keeps me quiet. I will keep journaling and see if I can find a way to express my voice without the fear that stems from my wounded inner child.

I am blessed to have many job opportunities available to me. I also feel blessed to have found someone that I deeply care about and who cares about me. I am trying to focus on the positive aspects of my life and hope that will help alleviate some of my anxiety about my future.

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

If you lost the pain you can loose it again and soon. It sounds to me all you need to do is face your fears and get used to standing up and speaking up for yourself and you should loose the pain again. don't study if your fiancé doesn't believe. We know your telling the truth and here is probably the only place you will have people that believe you.

If you have the fear you need to know that when you think about having the fear then you are building up an anxiety attack in the thoughts so think of perfect outcomes ok not fearful ones. Get Claire Weekes audios from the site here and listen to them and let me know how you do about loosing the fear then ok.

If you had lost the pain you can loose it again. Remember anxiety is nothing more than fear so all you need to do to get rid of the anxiety is to face the fear with Facing floating acceptance and time.

Thanks