1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 24 - Tricky Unconscious!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ami, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Ami

Ami Peer Supporter

Do nosebleeds fall into the TMS/PPD arena? I've started to think so after experiencing several on consecutive days, during a period of high humidity, and the one that really busted the strategy out in the open for me was when It happened while I was taking a shower!

I have also now recalled several episodes in my life of unusual pain - TMS-gall bladder attack requiring Demerol shot...after a guilty activity; developing a rash every year at the same time from 2 years of age until I left home (date of being emotionally abandoned). An inexplicable, drive-you-insane rash that perplexed my GP, and got worse rather than better with treatment for a long time. I don't know if it falls in the category of fibromyalgia, but also experienced extremely sensitive, sore legs, buttocks and body during certain periods of high stress.

I am learning how important it is to be continuously vigilant of my thoughts. It is unbelievable how quickly they scoot by, leading to some unconscious repressed reaction that manifests as a sudden body symptom. Eventually, I hope to be able to say that TMS/PPD is a gift, leading me to enhanced consciousness and self-awareness.

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

Not sure about nosebleeds but at this point I can believe anything. i just realized my sensitive teeth is TMS.

I, too, hope to see this as a gift for a happier future. Days of amazing insight can be followed by days of discouragement. But we can do it. The relief in pain is encouraging.