1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 24... Reasons to be grateful

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Michael Reinvented, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Michael Reinvented

Michael Reinvented Peer Supporter

Today's thought asked for refelection on what positive changes have occurerd since commencement of the SEP.

To reinforce my gratitude and to assist others just starting out, I wanted to share these comments.

For me the main change is an easy one to identify. HOPE.

My self talk and overall mood are probably 50-80% more positive than pre TMS self diagnosis a few weeks back. The fact that SO MANY have been able to eliminate or substantially reduce their pain symptoms is powerful inspiration to me. The support from this Wiki is profoundly heart warming. The depression from battling through a myriad of failed physical modalities, each time becoming more confused, is history for me now. So is the sense of total isolation that comes with this existence.

Onwards to break the Pain Loop, and reinvent myself. :)

Forest, JanAtheCPA and Susan like this.
  2. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Hi Michael:

This is a really nice portion of your post. I especially like the last line since I've been there myself. Not only are we venturing into a whole new world, we're trying to explain it to others. And I know I've been tripped up trying to answer questions with friends. But ultimately, this is a battle with our past, our brain, and navigating our way through the present.

You're doing so well. Pleased you are doing the SEP as it has helped many - including myself. Here's to pain free days in the future.

BG

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow, Michael, how did I miss this? This is the essence of what we are all doing here. And it could be the motto for the web site.

Love it, love it, love it.

Jan

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Wish I could "like" it more than once :cool:

5. MatthewNJ

MatthewNJ Well known member

Michael,

Welcome to the community of those that are aware of TMS and how to reduce or eliminate our symptoms! As a long time member of this community and the TMS community in general (I was diagnosed in 2003) it is gratifying to me to see that you are suceeding. Your post will gives others hope as well. Thanks for paying it forward!

6. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

This essentially sums up exactly how I felt the first time a friend showed me TMS Success Stories, and what has kept me so energized to continue working with this community. Finding out about TMS also gave me so much hope that I no longer had to be disabled or limit myself anymore. This is something that I find to be so common in threads and posts in our forum. Having hope can really fuel your recovery and keep you in a positive frame of mind.