1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 23 DAY 23 IN NEED OF SUPPORT

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by winterhaven123, Aug 19, 2014.

1. winterhaven123

winterhaven123 Peer Supporter

Hi I am On day 23 of SEP Program. I am in need of support. My Pain is still Severe. Luckily I do see a Psysiotherpist who is familiar with Mindbody TMS & Dr Sarno. As I said in my other post My pain started in My upper abdominal at my Xpoid process level. Spread through my chest wall & Ribcage & Low Back. Had every test done nothing found. No more testing for Me. Same routine as everyone else When I lay down the pain stops. as soon as I stand The pain spreads like wildfire throughout my entire body. The worst part about it where i need help is I never hear of anyone with the body being so severely hyper sensitive. If I see someone doing something Physical I feel the pain going through my body has anyone ever heard of this?? For example if someone is Bicycling. lifting painting digging a hole any & everything physical I feel the pain. The slightest touch of Me bumping my head goes through my entire nervous system feels internal. I have in the past had Manifestation. of Tms I had years. of severe swelling hand & feet severe hives entire body. daily for approx 7 years than when I got divorced it stopped. at that time I was not familiar with TMS & never knew the cause. This here has been constant for 4 years of Hell. I do have clinical depression, & am having a hard time not being able to not continue to think about it when it don't leave. Yes I have read Divided Mind. Healing back Pain & am over half way through The Great Pain Deception. I am debilitated with this & can barley get through a day. Yes I have all the Personality Traits of this. I do Mindfulness, meditate. Can anyone tell Me if this is my Nervous system & what more can I do. The pain wont leave & why does someone else activity pain my body? Please any reply. Thanks

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Dearest winterhaven,

I am so sorry to hear how much pain you are experiencing, and I can feel your frustration. It is understandable given that you are doing a lot to address your pain. The only thing that I can recommend that you have not listed is to do diaphragmatic breathing, as it is proven to calm the nervous system. And calming your nervous system seems like the most important thing for you right now. I'm including a youtube video of the technique. There are others out there to watch as well.

Have you been evaluated for PTSD? It would be understandable given your history that you have shared with us. I'm not an expert on PTSD by any means, but it may account for the phenomenon you describe where seeing others doing something physical leads to feeling pain. Your brain is making a connection for some reason. Is the therapist you are seeing a psychotherapist? If so, I hope you are getting treatment for your depression too.

Hoping you find some relief soon, dear one. Keep letting us know how you are doing.

3. winterhaven123

Ellen. Again thank you for your concern. Yes She is a Psychotherapist I am seeing. She does have some Knowledge in TMS. & Yes I also have PTSD along with a list of other diagnosis. Getting help is not easy. Even as much as much as I am trying to help Myself. Thanks for the download. Do you know in what part the Nerve on nerve part is playing.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

My own experience healing from TMS was to keep it simple.
    The more we try to analyze what the pain is, the more time we're spending thinking about it.
    I decided to spend more time on discovering my repressed emotions and how my perfectionist
    personality and "goodism" were causing the pain.

Day 23 of SEP suggests insights into emotions. I like the links given, but also like
    the new video Herbie made and hope you can take a look at it:

http://tmswiki.org/forum/threads/great-youtube-video.5500/

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

6. winterhaven123

Walt, Thanks for your thoughts. I do try many things. My pain is severe. I need to Calm. & I do have plenty of bubble wrap. thanks judy

7. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Judy,
    Sorry, I don't know what is causing you to experience this. I suggest posting the question in the Ask-A-Therapist section. Perhaps one of the TMS MDs will answer and know something.

Take care....