1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 22!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by CookStar, Feb 26, 2016.

1. CookStar

CookStar New Member

Well, I'm halfway through the program!
    When I started on Day 1 I was crippled with sciatic leg pain and lower back pain. All I could do was lie on the floor helplessly and it was an excruciating effort to get up and use the washroom or go to bed. I could barely get into my car and I had to drive hunched to the right side in extreme pain. I could not sit in any kind of chair. I could not work, I could not play with my son. I was bent to the left at the trunk, I could not lean forward to wash my hands in a sink.
    I was frustrated, irritable and impatient.

It's now Day 22.
    I am back to coaching my sons hockey team and have been on the ice five times.
    I have gone for a run.
    I can pick stuff off the floor.
    I can shovel my lane way.
    I can carry my 45 Lb son.
    I have driven 2000kms.
    I've done several long car rides.
    Every day I'm amazed at what I can do.
    I can sit for hours.

In short, I have resumed all physical activity.

All I have left is a very mild dull pain that has migrated to my shin. No more back pain.

And I am excited to tackle this remaining remnant of TMS symptoms in the final 21 days of the program.

My family, my friends and my wife are amazed at what I've accomplished. But more importantly, I am amazed.

PS. When I went into see my family doctor last week, for an appointment that was made a month earlier to book an MRI - he was BLOWN AWAY.
    He blatantly told me that 85% of back pain cases he sees he has NO IDEA the cause. He immediately googled Doctor Sarno while I was in his office. He thought it was a miracle I was standing up straight with a smile on my face. A month prior I had been in there and could barely even move.

2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

WOW, CookStar! Here's to success!
    And I'm glad to hear that your doctor was willing to Google Sarno and learn something new.
    I hope you're celebrating every moment of your successtiphata
    Blessings to you.

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Cookstar,
    This really should be posted in the Success Stories thread. I hope you cut and past and put it there.

Although you have half the program to go, I hope you can view this remainder pain as just a reminder. You may have to do very little about this, except see it for what it is, and bring your attention elsewhere. What I am saying is, I hope you're not a perfectionist about it! You've done this!!!! You really should post this at the success stories.

How nice to read this. Congratulations. And so nice to have your doctor respond the way he did. Good man.

Andy B

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Cookstar. Your post about healing is wonderful. Your doctor should start to believe in TMS Mindbody healing!

5. ashoo79

ashoo79 New Member

Amazing just mind blowing can you elaborate more plz on your success