1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 22 BUTT PAIN, Sciatica

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by intense50, Dec 17, 2015.

1. intense50

intense50 Well known member

Well I am at day 22.I have made a little progress. I can walk a little more than before. It seems every thread I read about butt pain , the person talks about not sitting for long must stand. Some run to get the blood flowing.

Sitting for me is the most comfortable pos.
    Although hard chairs make me feel like I'm sitting on bone after a while.
    I can walk at a gentle pace and feel uncomfortable but not painful.
    As soon as I try to walk a little faster or lengthen my stride the butt pain comes in hard on either side or both. Heavy cramping hamstrings and calfs with heavy pinching pain on my left side L5 area. I tried jogging a little in the grass and the lower back pain is too much pinching. Or if I just jump the landing is painful.

I have had Neurilogical test and all reflexes are good. I have not had an mri. My PT says its all tendons and nerves and no indication of a disc problem.
    I have been journaling a lot and notice a lot of anger. Had a dream last night,(I usually never remember them),
    I was walking along the street and three angry barking dogs tied to the houses across the street were pulling on their chain at just going crazy at me. I remember feeling my heart go up my throat and my right butt and leg cramped which woke me up.

A lot babbling on here I'm sorry....just one of those nights.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I had pain when sitting, even in a chair with a seat pad, so I bought a better pad.
    It is in a U-shape and is open where the tail bone sits on it. It has made a big difference and I can sit four hours if necessary without pain.

Maybe I can find it on amazon. If so, I will post it next.

intense50 likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I just looked on amazon.com and found several chair cushions like the one I have, with an opening for the tail bone.
    They cost from$12 to $30. Take your pick. They all look like mine, in blue, but I no longer know what the brand is.

4. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

Same for me, we are in the same boat, as are countless others. The fact that some have pain when they sit, others when they walk, others when they lay down - all this to me helps reinforce that it TMS, not structural. I mean, if it were due to structural low back injury of some sort, the pain symptoms would be the same for everyone. For instance, if you break your finger, that finger, and that finger alone hurts for EVERYONE. It's not like you break your finger and for some it hurts there, while for others it hurts in their forearm.... you know? All that to say, if we all have pain in the same area, why is triggered by completely opposite activities? It just doesn't make sense. So I hope that helps, and also to know that you're not alone. My pain really only comes on when walking or standing.

Also, if you're following this TMS approach closely, you may want to consider stopping PT altogether. Dr. Sarno and other doctors in his footsteps all agree that any sort of physical treatment will hinder recovery because the cause is psychological, not physical. Even if it provides relief, they say it's a placebo and will return. That has been my experience. And for the MRI, since you've been cleared with the neurological tests, and you've been told you're OK to do PT, an MRI is not necessary and will likely cause more harm than good. Unfortunately I had 2 before learning of TMS and it's taken me a lot of work and time to undo those MRI results in my mind.... please spare yourself that extra obstacle.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    Hen likes this.
  5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

In my dream, those angry dogs scare me. My own anger scares me. I awaken and there is fear of the anger, and instead of being aware of my anger, there is the familiar pain.

Intense, it seems like you are learning that there is anger down deep. That is a plus, in the Sarno approach. Good luck.

Andy B.

intense50 likes this.
  6. shalya1012

shalya1012 New Member

Oh wow me too, my kids keep telling me my butt is broken. It's both sides down both legs most
    Yo around butt and tailbone. Sometime legs feel like jello which really freaks me out. Been about three months, after a very stressful time. I went to Er twice in a complete panic. Forced an mri and there is nothing! So who knows but it suxs! I can go running but pain when I walk, pain when I did I feel my tailbone. Wish you all the best but I think the sooner we accept it is a mainifastion of anxiety the sooner we can slowly heal. Hard got it not to consume every thought I have.

intense50 likes this.
  7. Kalo

Kalo Well known member

Wow, I have the SAME SYMPTONS AS YOU for 8 months!!! Butt pain, cramping and nerve pain at times that goes all the way down my calf and feet...I went to my MD/DO and they do all the strength test, reflex test and say everything is normal...No Xrays have been done nor MRI....

Kalo

intense50 likes this.
  8. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

same issues going on 5 yrs all tests negative all nerve test negative . i have started tms healing about 14 months know still had it. Pain moving to arms and hands not as much foot pain