1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 21

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ollie, Apr 8, 2015.

1. ollie

ollie New Member

I am so thankful for this program. It is helping me see that a lot of stress and problems in my past that I repressed have ultimately caused many health problems including pain in many areas. Keeping a journal along with helpful readings from this site and Dr. Sarno's have helped me realize that a lot of sadness and anger was repressed. Eric and Walt's book, God doesn't want you to be in pain has also helped me. Thank you!!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Ollie, I am so glad you read my (and Eric's) book and you found it helpful.
    I consider getting severe back pain two years ago, and recovering from it by reading
    Dr. Sarno and learning about TMS to have been God-sent.

I had no idea how little I really knew myself or my parents and brother until
    I journaled about them. I realized they had TMS pain too. And I thought I had a
    reasonably happy boyhood, but realized I was repressing a lot of anger and other
    feelings after my parents divorced when I was seven. Their divorce left me with
    feelings of insecurity that I repressed all my life until I learned about TMS.
    I was able to better understand my parents and brother who bullied and beat me,
    and that enabled me to forgive them, and forgiving ended my back pain.
    I not only forgave them (all three had since passed away), but loved them even more.

I hope you heal completely after the TMS program, but a lot of that has to come
    from understanding and forgiving. And when you can't do either, just laugh it all away,
    the pain and the feelings of sadness and anger. Laughing eases our pain and makes
    us psychologically and physically healthier.

Great to read your post, and have a great day.

3. ollie

ollie New Member

Walt, Thank you for your helpful reply. One question: does morning stiffness go away with healing?

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Ollie. Good news. Yes, my morning stiffness went away after TMS healed my back pain.

Morning stiffness often affects most people. Walking, stretching helps.

5. ollie

ollie New Member

Thanks, that's good to know.