1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 20

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Rainbow, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

I'm working to recover from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I made pretty good progress over the past two weeks. I've had lots more energy and few symptoms. Then today 'BAM' - ill again. Found it hard to walk - body feels like it does if it's got a bad cold. Anyway, did the self-talk and ignored the ill feeling and got through the day. Must say my mood stayed good. I'd usually get depressed about something like this. I've always found relapses hard to deal with.
    My main feeling today though is that this is temporary and I can get back to normal again. I feel hopeful!

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

I can relate to what you are saying. I will be doing pretty good then the pain comes. I try to think what happened inside my head that caused me to tighten and clinch my body. My days are up and down to right now too. More ups because I keep making discoveries about myself.

I find trying to connect my emotions to pain is challenging. Today my pain was low until I tried to convince a friend about the mind/body connection. Then my pain became worse. I wonder if getting outside of what I consider acceptable behavior (stoic band of emotions), not rocking the boat. I am not used to having to convince another about my perspective. It is probably a"control" thing too plus a need to be "right" thing too.

It is a temporary thing. You will get back to normal. We just have to keep working at it. Sandy