1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 20 Day 20

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Kim Mc, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Kim Mc

Kim Mc Peer Supporter

Good morning-
    I hope you're all doing well. The question to ponder for Day 20 asks if there was one thing in my life I would change, what would it be? I have had a string of some really good days since I started this program until yesterday. I realize when I say that, I still base a "good day" on my degree of mobility. My answer to today's question falls along those same lines. The immediate thought was, "if I could change anything about my life it would be that my knees never felt so inflamed that it was uncomfortable to walk". Now that I've participated in this program for awhile I understand since my knees were undeniably the first thing that came to mind, my unconscious still must be in charge. I am working on confronting the emotions, ignoring the pain and resuming normal activity but some days it seems to take more mental endurance than I think I have in that moment. I'm lucky that this journey is helping me to learn to trust the process of life, become more comfortable with uncertainty and frame everything is gratitude-what a huge blessing that is.
    Thanks for listening and have a great day.

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is a great reply Kim MC. Sounds like you have it going in a great direction.
    Have you been doing any mindfulness meditations.
    They will be very good to go to your tool box.
    Hope your weekend is great. Bless you