1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern U.S.(New York) Daylight Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. MatthewNJ is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern (now US Daylight Time).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Day 20 - The 1 thing I would change

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by LDee, Feb 5, 2021.

1. LDee

LDee Newcomer

The one thing I would change is how caught up I am in the need to be liked and the opinions of others. This is at the root of all my problems I think. I don't want to loose myself but caring so much isn't healthy for me. I would also like to be more careful of the energy I put out into the world and willingly give away.

I started with a book called 'Not Nice' by Dr Aziz Gazipura. Actually it might have been his book which got me onto Dr Darnos work and thereafter TMS. I am working through some of his challenges, this week its no apologizing. I say sorry all the time, and I realized physiologically this puts me in a position of 'less than' all the time, 'less than' to myself and 'less than' to others, consciously or not.

I don't want to change myself completely I just want to learn to adult better so I can navigate life and it not initiate the negative mind body cycle.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions for links on this site to provide assistance to help I would be most grateful for the advice.

2. Hedger

Hedger Peer Supporter