1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 20 Day 20 Question

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Dahlia, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Dahlia

Dahlia Well known member

"If you could change one thing about your life what would it be? What steps could you take to make this change?"

I would have many more and varied friends. I have become fairly isolated over the last 7 years since TMS really came down hard on my life. I had to quit work. Could not travel, even short distances by car. Could not sit through a meal in a restaurant or service at church. Could not cook or clean much to entertain at home, etc. So social life dried up. I miss the interaction!

I am improving now so I can begin to make some changes. I have already connected with a discussion group through Meetup. I will look for other groups on Meetup. I have just this week started attending church again. Soon perhaps I can begin to volunteer somewhere.

Tomorrow I am going to make a list of interests for which I'd like to meet people and then brainstorm some ideas for how to find those people. Also I have begun increasing my physical activity: walking, yesterday I went ballroom dancing, today I resumed some strength training. So soon I can look for exercise groups like Tai Chi or....

2. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Boy do I relate! With the pain, my social life and work life just went to the dogs! I have to keep reminding myself of where I was last year at this time - or even a couple of months ago and I'm so much better. I make plans with friends - including the restaurant dates and can show up. I"m not promised a pain free night yet but at least I don't have to cancel beforehand. Usually once I'm situated and the conversation is flowing, the tms calms down. My favorite activity with people though is going for a walk. I've resumed cycling and am building up strength again and yes, taking longer car drives. I love that you're ballroom dancing. Sounds wonderful!