1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with BruceMC as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 20 - Dealing with people

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ThatBookBlewMyMind, May 5, 2017.

1. ThatBookBlewMyMind

ThatBookBlewMyMind New Member

If i could change 1 thing about my life it would to live a bit more relaxed during the ups and downs of life. The steps i could take to do this are 1.) meditation regularly 2.) putting things into perspective

Another thing would be actually be able to deal/interact with certain family members or any difficult to deal with type people i come across. I dont know exactly how to go about this, people baffle me at times, i could read about different personality types. Yeah i just really dont know how to deal with all the different types of people, especially awkward ones.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

A long time ago I decided to whittle down the number of people I knew. I realized I can't understand all of them, so I concentrated on trying to get to know those most important to me. I think it worked for me. Yo9u might consider it. I would not spend much if any time with those who are "awkward."

I have a boss, a book publisher, who is one of the "awkward" in my life... I decided some time ago to just accept the way he is (he is like a baby and needs lots of attention and approval). Does that remind you of anyone?

Your focus on meditation and putting things in perspective are two of the best ways to live a happy, healthy life.

A

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

And don't forget deep breathing... and laughing.

ThatBookBlewMyMind likes this.
  4. ThatBookBlewMyMind

ThatBookBlewMyMind New Member

At this point i actually dont know many people in real life haha i need to recruit a few but suffer with social anxiety and i end up focusing on work also and yeah i guess i dont bother with people that much, need to work on that its part of the problem. But yeah the family members i have can be very difficult maybe i could treat them like babies... its really frustrating though : /

Either way right now things are going great to be honest and im working through this program in a nice relaxed way right now. Will remember the breathing and laughing.

Cheers!