1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 2!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Zade, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Zade

Zade New Member

There's a meditation I'm trying that is simply focus and say what your desire is and then make it as real as you can for 5 minutes, and then forget about it.And do one thing in the day as if your goal is already accomplished. Well my goal of of course to be pain free. But I found it very interesting that even imagining a pain free back I would never contemplate snow shovelling for example, and haven't even when my back is fine for months...so there's this subconscious conditioning of being a person with a bad back even during the good times. So this morning I had a good time imagining laying my flagstone, something that generally even when my back is not hurting I would never dream of doing. So think of all those things you used to do that you can't even imagine doing and open yourselves to those possibilities.Liberating!
    ( and though I didn't take 5 minutes to lay flagstone I did vacuum which I haven't in ages)

Ellen likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Zade. Congrats on vacuuming. Soon you will be laying that flagstone.
    I like your way to meditate. Imaging being pain free, or doing something you feared or just hesitated doing,
    is a big part of TMS healing. It's part of positive thinking, I guess.

Maybe tell your subconscious to help you lay some flagstone and see if it cooperates. haha.

Zade likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Zade,
    What a wonderful contemplation! And you felt the results. Bravo. That is a good one to remember for me too!
    Andy B.

Zade likes this.