1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 Day 2

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Andy Bayliss, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Love how the "Commitment" page brought up a lot of anger about how my mind/body has run me for several years without being really confronted. I appreciate getting angry about the pain the fear.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Dr. Sarno says: "The longer I work with TMS the more impressed I am with the role of anger. We have all learned to repress it so
    completely, that we are totally unaware of its existence in many situations. In fact, I have begun to wonder if anger is not more
    fundamental to the development of symptoms than anxiety and, indeed, whether anxiety itself may be a reaction to repressed anger."

He also says, "In retrospect, I know very well why I was getting migraines way back then [as a family doctor] and what I was repressing.
    Now when I get the warning signal I can usually figure out what I am angry about and am constantly struck by the fact that no matter how many times I recognize that I have repressed anger, I will do it again and again, for it is apparently part of my nature, the way I developed psychologically, to do this But see how powerful knowledge can be. By recognizing what I was doing I was able to stop a very nasty physical reaction. Just as with TMS."

My own way to deal with my repressed anger is to laugh. Laughing, for me, is a great stress relief. I guess it's not possible to be angry and laugh at the same time.

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks Walt. I really just tolerated and enjoyed the anger that I felt today. One guru told me "can you feel the anger without the object of the anger?" That helps me feel the energy of it, and not blame others or myself...

Ellen likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I had anger this morning, then got frustrated trying to learn something new on the computer,
    and the frustration made me angry. I didn't enjoy the frustration or the anger, but didn't get
    any TMS pain from it. I think my unconscious mind knows me pretty well.

I told the friends who were on the receiving end of my frustration, if not my anger,
    that I snap back faster than a whore's garter. They loved it and it made me laugh, too.
    I find that laughing really helps me get rid of anger and frustration.

Forest likes this.
  5. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

One guru told me "can you feel the anger without the object of the anger?" That helps me feel the energy of it, and not blame others or myself...
    I am just now able to experience this. I have spent so much of my life repressing the anger that to allow it to exist as the energy that it is, is amazing. Its so easy to project my energy on to others, when I am the one stuck with the energy and the pain. This program helps me hone in and take responsibility for the energy that I am creating.

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

nowtimecoach. You look so much like a former good neighbor in Evanston, Illinois. You even have Helene's smile.

When I feel angry about anything, I immediately start laughing and feel better right away.