1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Shine4me, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Shine4me

Shine4me Peer Supporter

I'm finding it hard to notice how I'm feeling - it seems like I don't feel anything. No anger, no fear, no anything really. I don't know how to get in touch with my feelings. Although after reading Schubiners blog on fear I thought that perhaps I was frightened that this Therapy might not work for me. I decided to just start exercise (walking). I didn't go far only about 300 meters and now my feet and legs are painful. Not excruciating, just about 4 /10, but it does make negative emotions and thoughts whell up. Thoughts like 'This works for others but it won't work for you' or 'This is not TMS - you really have got pain because its arthritis and the X-ray to prove it'. I tried telling the pain that it couldn't scare me and that I was going to carry on with the program and with the exercise. 2nd Day - onward and upward....

2. mkdragonfly

mkdragonfly New Member

Keep going. For me, (I'm on Day 10) I had so much emotion wrapped up in my pain, it was hard to think of anything else and my doubts were HUGE. They are still there (works in progress), but less intensity. I'm sitting in my comfy chair (which used to be one of my favorite things to do) for a longer time and have periods when I'm not thinking of the pain. I've gone from screaming at the pain (I WILL NOT BE INTIMIDATED BY YOU!) to viewing it as just a sensation, not worthy of all my attention (still, a works in progress). Hang in there and as others told me, be patient and loving with yourself.

Shine4me likes this.
  3. Shine4me

Shine4me Peer Supporter

Thanks for your support. It helps to know you're not alone and someone else can identify with what you're feeling