1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Velvet_Hidden, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Velvet_Hidden

Velvet_Hidden Peer Supporter

So far so good, as I participate in the program. Since a lot of my pain has subsided last week, I find myself daily focused more on my emotions and things that may be the triggers for my TMS flare ups. I'm once again re-reading Dr. Sarno's "Healing Back Pain" to continually let the information sink into my mind. I honestly then and now accept the diagnosis I have of TMS. One thing I don't think I was honest about before was my ability to deal with my emotions. I've been thinking back on my past and I realize that I was brought up in a home where one was trained to hide emotion and not seek help for any problems of the mind. The only remedy in the logic of my closest relatives was spiritual or physical violence smh. It's sad yet interesting in my opinion how the human mind stores and compiles the good bad and ugly of our past. Todays exercise certainly gave me the opportunity to go through all my files and see the reality in which I developed TMS symptoms for what it honestly is.....

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

This sounds encouraging Velvet. The more you can find reasons why you suffer from TMS, the more deeply the understanding/belief goes, and the better off you will be. Each insight is important as to the real cause of your symptoms.

Velvet_Hidden likes this.
  3. Velvet_Hidden

Velvet_Hidden Peer Supporter

Thx for the helpful reminder :)