1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by nelle, Aug 10, 2016.

1. nelle

nelle Peer Supporter

Lots of arguing with my partner and im feeling alot more low than usual feels like im on a rollercoaster of a journey .I find it so daunting to think that ive been suffering so badly because of my unconscious emotion. I have been trying so hard for so long to get better . There has been so much having to find faith in front of endless not knowing . I have such a compulsion to pop that unconscious fear and anger so i can get on with my life . im worried i might not get it right , or might not manage. Nelle x

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Nelle. Having problems in your relationship with your partner is bound to get you down. It can take a lot of faith that things will be better, but try to increase that faith.

I'm going to post a new thread today about the benefits of positive thinking that I recently came across. You might find it helpful.

It will be in the General Discussion Subforum about positive thinking.

3. nelle

nelle Peer Supporter

Ok thanks Walt ill take a look ,
    yes it seams that starting this journey alot of things that have been bugging me that i haven't wanted to face, in my relationship are being felt and coming to the surface. I have been wondering how to balance doing this work on the education program with having positive thoughts . Putting your attention on things that hurt and you struggle with is obviously need in this treatment ,but how do you do that and not just sink . My copping strategy and what has helped me keep going through so much is to focus on the positive .

Nelle

4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Hi Nelle. I know what you mean about the pain your subC causes. I'm horrified and embarrassed to know that my body is the source of all the TMS pain.
    But I choose, rather than focus on the negative, to celebrate the fact that I've had so much recovery, thanks to this program and this wiki. It helps tremendously.

nelle likes this.