1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

day 2

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by karinabrown, Feb 4, 2016.

1. karinabrown

karinabrown Well known member

did not post yesterday, and must say that is pretty unuasal for me : to take a more slower approach
    to this all. I think I know I have the habit of doing everything /trying everthing for 200% and putting
    a lot of pressure on to myself : now I want to take it more slow : one day later is okay too.
    don't know if that makes sense or matters but that the way I want to move forward..or at least I hope
    the past 3,5 years where all about the pain and limitations and I am so tired of that.
    yesterday evening went out with a friend for glass on wine : sat down for 2 hours and just talked.
    that was not possible 2 years ago. still cannot talk a good walk..but that does count as progress
    crazy as is it sounds, for someone who still can't walk.

still are full of doubts that th is the right way for me, but trying hard to work on that
    noticed yesterday when I sat with my friend these 2 hours : I did not felt my butt..my foot
    my shoulder..etc..so was distracted and it worked.
    today took a short walk and was before I went out already a bit fearfull :I went anyway
    not to bad in terms of stuff I felt in my body..but I know I have to stop limitating the
    walk to a certain amount of distance: it is possible I made my own boundries not dare to walk much more than that.

still struggling with the part ": make sure that a doctors tells you , you are fine. " They kinda did tell me that in my case but fear
    of stuff nothing been seen on MRI etc is still here. What puzzles me are a lot of remarks on this website too:
    you must tell yourself "it is not structural, but psychological" ! but how does relate to stuff being seen
    on MRI's : hernia , inpinged nerves , tendonitis ? when you ask a doctor and they tell you
    you have tenidintis or whatever : in this doctors opion you ar not fine and you do have a problem
    so : medication or surgery will be suggested .How can this relate to being fine ?
    this is what keeping in thepuzzle to day! I do know people can have pain without mri showing up anything and people can have no pain althought they see stuff. that's not my question : more how from a tms point of vieuw " make sure you are fine" how? if mri 's don't really matter
    and I guess all sorts of diagnoses like : leglenght, pelvis being "out" I understand on this site are also not important !

anyone?

greetings
    Karina
    (Netherlands)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    Stella likes this.
  2. Stella

Stella Well known member

I laugh at your 200% response. Thai is so me. I have been driven all my life. I believe it has to do with the other TMS personality traits, the fear of failure, the fear of not being good enough, the perfectionism. I can drive myself crazy with the intensity I have approached interest in my life.

You have a very good question regarding what is structural versus psychological. Others may be able to answer better than me. I think of making sure you don't have a broken bone.

I have had many of the things you mentioned and more; disc degeneration, bulging disc, shingles, asthma, tendinitis, carpal tunnel, heel pain, acid reflux. I believe all caused by TMS.

Loved the Netherlands.

3. karinabrown

Dear Sy er
    Dear Stella,

Thanks for your feetback!
    I Just read your story : And i am so impressed. You can be so proud! To find your way in life after all that in your past : Takes huge strenght. Inspirational..Your story makes me think about my own yought : Must take time to really think about that part of my past too. Scarry maybe. Thank u so much..and i know how hard it is having eldery parents .

Stella likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Ladies. I too applaud your diligence and am happy for your healing progress. It reminds me of what I read recently... a quote from Lena Horne, the black singer who had her share of heartaches in both her career and personal life: “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it. Carry it by the comfortable handles of gratitude for what’s positive and that it is not worse, rather than the uncomfortable edges of bitterness for the negatives and that it is not better."

5. karinabrown

Thank u Walt..beautifull words..i am sure at 85 you experienced even more..and here helping others : Love that

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you, Karinabrown. I am actually glad I had my back pain because it led me to learn about Dr. Sarno and TMS, and through that learning about this web site.

The TMSWiki and the host Forest and members who post here have taught me a lot about so many things. I have learned so much about myself and others.

7. karinabrown

I believe that Walt..i am here for 2-3 weeks and already think it Will mean 'something' to me.
    Don't know where this will lead : Maybe that's okay..
    Just yesterday i thought : The last couple of years since my pain : Changed me ..maybe at the end i will be able to look.back with not only tears but find it gave me something..? That at least be something
    I do know that i am impressed by all the stories and great and strong people, who just as me want to be happy and live a good life..without psysical pain..thank u