1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Zoeinoz, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Zoeinoz

Zoeinoz New Member

Just read Chrissy's post and feel like I've had a similar day. I'm doing nearly all of the physical things I used to do during my day but I also had an increase in pain. I sat down and approached a very emotional subject as part of my journaling...resulting in a big cry. I felt a little better after as well as rereading the daily reminders. I also felt really exhausted. Tackling TMS is challenging and exhausting...hopefully rewarding soon!

2. Crissyxox

Crissyxox Peer Supporter

The rewards sound like they are already there. For me, doing my normal everyday things has been such a huge blessing. It's feels like someone hasn't gifted me my life back. Go slow but also be kind with yourself. Expecting more from yourself is being really hard on yourself. The rewards are there....can you see them????

3. Crissyxox

Crissyxox Peer Supporter

Has gifted*

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, ladies. TMS can take some time to heal our symptoms, but it does work. Patience and perseverance are very important, and not monitoring our pain all the time. I have found TMS to be the most rewarding experience I've had in many years. Not only in losing back pain but in better living in general. I'm much more patient with and tolerant of others.

5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Zoeinoz,

It is challenging to come into a more intimate relationship with ourselves. We all resist going toward our suffering --for natural reasons! Being with our own experience with more precision and attunement has its own rewards, As Walt says, beyond the pain relief. Over time, in our tears, we feel our deep love for our selves. Our own love becomes stronger than the difficulties. Or rather, our awareness of our love, which is always here, becomes what we orient to in our difficult explorations. There is pain, and there is also a deep love which holds and soothes. I guess we all feel that in our tears.

You sound like you have compassion for yourself that this isn't easy. I feel more relaxed in my body feeling this in you. It is a journey of love, ultimately.

Andy B.

6. Zoeinoz

Zoeinoz New Member

Thank you Crissy, Walt and Andy. I am so grateful for the sense of empowerment I have gained since learning about TMS as well as feeling like I can fully participate in my life again. Also, revisiting past hurts and current stresses has given me the opportunity for self-compassion. I've been reminding myself that life is tough sometimes and it's OK to feel whatever I feel or felt. Don't you wish you could reach in and cuddle your inner child?!
    I am consciously concentrating on my emotions and not the pain, though after a difficult pregnancy (following a very premature birth previously) where I became very conscious of every sensation, it's been a hard habit to break. Keeping your advice in mind I will approach this with patience and compassion too. I know it will take time.
    Thanks so much for your kind words and support.