1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 Day 2: the correlation

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jwiles, Dec 24, 2015.

1. jwiles

jwiles Peer Supporter

When my pain first began I remember months before I was just coming out of a long stretch of anxiety and panic issues. They never really went away when the pain began but my pain became a bigger distraction. When I finally began to recover from my pain 4-5 months the anxiety and panic came back hard. I ended up in the ER and this all became a downward spiral for me. I won't get into great detail now but might later. Well as the anxiety died down the last two months the pain has slowly come back. There is a connection here but I can see it completely yet.

Three things that make me feel angry are:
    Responsibility
    Failure
    Uncertainty

Three things that make me feel sad are:
    Mortality
    Jealousy
    Guilt

Stella likes this.
  2. Stella

Stella Well known member

You have come to the right place. And sure hit the nail on the head for some of the TMS emotions.

Guilt is huge for creating pain in the body. I have learned from this program so much about guilt.

I remember a particular situation where I had 100% "responsibility" for 2 very sick parents. I was so angry at the turn my life had taken. I told my husband "I wish my parents were dead. Then I said aren't i a horrible person for thinking this? "

Well no, I am not a horrible person. I am a completely normal person. Many feel this way but never admit it because it sounds so awful.

Welcome to an unbelievable experience.

jwiles likes this.