1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S. (New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2, rage

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by nelliemaud, Oct 2, 2015.

1. nelliemaud

nelliemaud New Member

I don't have any trouble identifying what is making me sad/angry/anxious. These feelings are not repressed. When I am on the street and people honk their horns I feel complete rage -- nothing repressed about it. I also feel like a victim because there is nothing I can do about it, except mentally condemn the driver, which I do. But thinking about it, there are feelings under the rage. When I hear the angry-sounding (to me) honking, first I feel startled and then I feel fear. After that comes the rage

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Nellie. I share your rage about inconsiderable motorists who blare their horns. And there is someone on my block who is picked up by a cab every workday morning and the cab driver blares his horn to announce his arrival. It wakes me up and probably everyone on the block. I haven't learned who the neighbor is, but that, and car alarms going off really make me angry. I dislike inconsiderate people intensely, but it is a noisy world we live in.