1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 2 ( I met with Dr Raushbaum today)

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by PatrickG, Feb 11, 2015.

1. PatrickG

PatrickG New Member

Hi everyone,

There I go, being narcissistic in my headline of this thread. I HAVE to let everyone know that I met with Dr Raushbaum today. I am the epitome of deceitfully lying to myself, thinking that I have humility and am humble, but I do it with disguised narcissism. It's pitiful. That has to be part of my TMS rage. Welp...here I go with day 2:

3 things that make me angry:
    1) Not fitting in financially, attractively, and socially. lack of acceptance
    2) Other people's lack of intelligence (sounds awful)
    3) Allowing myself to seek approval from everyone

3 things that make me sad:
    1) When my kids like/love my wife more than me
    2) When my parents struggle (financially)
    3) When I'm left out or not invited/included in other's plans

Ughh - this sounds awful but I am being as honest about it as I can be. I want this pain gone!!!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I can especially relate to 2) in things that make me angry.
    I worked for a large corporation and thought most of the people there had the smarts of a 4 year old.
    I quit and have been self-employed for more than 40 years (writer-editor) and one of the main things
    I like about being self-employed is, I no longer have to work at the level of someone else's stupidity.

Patrick, don't think your kids love your wife more than they love you.
    Friends ask which of the three dogs I've had for about 40 years (one-at-a-time) I loved most.
    I loved them all equally. I think kids show their love for either parent who shows them love.

I'm actually glad I'm not invited or included in most family and friends' plans.
    I like being the one who wants in or out.

I hope your meeting with Dr. Raushbaum was helpful. Have a great day.

3. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

So glad you are here!
    How did your appt go?
    Also, you seem very hard on yourself. You said you wanted to be honest as you can be, and thats good, but it made me sad for the part of you that needs your compassion and help. The SEP helps so many here, keep on and you will be successful too!

4. Stella

Stella Well known member

After participating in the TMSwiki program I discovered a number of traits I don't like about myself.

I would never describe myself as controlling but i am. I feel more secure when I am in control. Now that i know I can work on managing myself.

I also have had such high standards for others and myself. I am judgemental and critical of others including myself. Nobody can meet these standards. Now I know.

Welcome Patrick. You will learn so much about yourself. Let us know how you are doing.