1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 Help!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by bob100, Mar 30, 2015.

1. bob100

bob100 New Member

So I survived day 1, read and re read the affirmations, and was far more active than I had been in awhile. I had a terrible time sleeping, though, and when I awoke felt jittery and the pain was really bad. Anyone have a rough day 2, b/c I'm not off to a good start. Tips?

2. lexylucy

lexylucy Well known member

Hi BOB. Day 2 IS rough. It is the first time you are actually journaling and for me it brought up intense emotions. I could easily think of 3 things I was sad about that's for sure. And angry/frustrated...There were A LOT of changes at first when I started using the techniques and going through the SEP. I developed a strange digestive feeling at some point that miraculously went away when I addressed it using the methods. If the pain is not working as a distraction your brain is naturally going to try and distract you in other ways. Sort of like that game hungry hungry hippos. But don't let it.

If you start to have strange symptoms practice some deep breathing and go in and find where and when the symptom began. See if you can hear a voice or see an image of what you may have been feeling when the sensation started.

Expect this as you move on but also get used not being totally thrown off by it. Be an investigator. Your doing a great job by reaching out and sharing what's up for you :)

3. bob100

bob100 New Member

Thanks Lucy, I really appreciate your wonderful support early on! Bob