1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2=angry outburst

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Stella, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Stella

Stella Well known member

I looked ahead a week ago knowing I would be starting the program when I returned from a trip. I had been thinking about "things that make me angry" and "things that make me sad."

I was playing bridge this afternoon. My partner and I got into a conflict with our opponents about what was the correct score. After much discussion, I blurted out "this really pizzez me off". I have never done this before. I felt really proud of myself for expressing my anger. Did it have to do with deciding not to repress my emotions?? I am always so very controlled.

The Director of the bridge game made the call which supported our position. Well, you know how important it is for me to be "right." ( I am working on that one too.)

All my life I have had the fear of "not being good enough." It has been a heavy cloud draped over my shoulders for many many years.

2. Lori

Lori Well known member

Sandy, where did feeling not being good enough come from? Can you think back to a time where you felt that way as a child? This is worth exploration. Getting to the root of the feeling can eliminate current day triggers.

Best wishes!