1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1I am actually on day 2 but I forgot to start my forum, so here it is.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by KayBaby, Feb 27, 2016.

1. KayBaby

KayBaby New Member

Hello, I am a 34 year old mother and wife.
    I have been dealing with anxiety and depression off and on for 7 years. It recently over the past few months has gotten worse. I am now on short term disability for this. I have been also suffering from panic disorder.
    I have no idea why this came on so strong these past few months but I guess that's why I am here, is to figure out why. I hope and pray this sheds some light into what's causing these issues.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, KayBaby. Welcome to this web site and TMS healing. You have come to the right place. Many people have bodily aches and also anxiety and depression and they have been helped or cured from the information you will find here in the subforums and from the SEProgram. The program will help you to discover repressed emotions that cause your symptoms. Something recent may have triggered the emotions you have been repressing, even subconsciously. I discovered I had been angry at my parents for divorcing when I was seven years old which left me with feelings of abandonment and insecurity I had been repressing for years. I learned more about them and myself and was able to forgive them, and that healed my severe back pain.

Something may have happened in your life a few months ago that could be a clue as to your main repressed emotions. Do the journaling in the SEProgram to write about what happened. Good luck and keep posting here... we are all here to help each other. And be assured you are not the only one with anxiety and depression. You can find some great advice on those topics in the subforums of this web site, and also some good videos on those topics on Youtube.

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi KayBaby,
    I am glad you are here, using this program for your exploration. Many people have benefited. Post your responses and ask questions, and welcome to this kind community!
    Andy B

4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Welcome, Kaybaby! Congratulations on finding your way to the Structured Education Program. It was my pathway to recovery from excruciating pain-- and I hope it will be yours too.
    You can work the SEP at your own pace. Stop and ponder or journal when you need to. The SEP will introduce you to peoples' success stories and to many good articles and books.
    Blessings on your journey.

5. Stella

Stella Well known member

Depression has followed me all my adult life. I kept thinking. .I am a smart person why can't I figure this out. I then would beat myself up. I remembered reading years ago that depression is anger turned inward. I just didn't know how to get it out. I have had anxiety too.

You have come to the right place. You will succeed.

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I sometimes feel depressed, bu then remember that most people do at one time or another. We all have many personal reasons to feel depressed at times, while it also can be caused by lousy weather or just watching television news. I think we were all a lot less stressed and depressed when we got our news from newspapers or the radio. Television news has become a form of entertainment, and its main purpose is to advertise commercials of medication that is supposed to make us healthier in body and mind. Hogwash! The crap is from the pharmaceutical companies whose pills often make us sicker, or depressed, or kill us. The cure for depression, to me, is do something to drive the blues away... something that makes you happy. I also laugh away my blues. Old devil blues doesn't stand a chance against Laughter! I'll get some good laughs tonight watching the Academy Awards because it has become so stupid, and my dog likes looking at the sexy women in their gowns on the carpet, or almost out of them. There is so much nudity in movies today, what's next? Nudity on the red carpet? They're coming real close to that. haha.