1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 19

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Alyssa5, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Alyssa5

Alyssa5 New Member

Since I started this program, I have gone out with friends and family more often. Usually I go to work and go home directly since I have pain with sitting and I just want to lay on my stomach and relax. I stay depressed just laying around the house, I feel better when I am not in the house. I feel that when I am around other people, the pain is not the center of attention (its always there in the back of my mind). As soon as I get home, the pain gets the center stage. I am very proud of myself because I try to get out more often although sometimes I don't feel like it. When I have a bad day, I know I need to get out of the house to feel better. I also have two small children so sometimes this can be hard.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Alyssa5,
    I am happy that you are making this change. It takes courage to work against the pain patterns. Being isolated just increases the anxiety and depressive aspects of pain. Keep it up!
    Andy B.

Alyssa5 likes this.