1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 19 - what makes me proud

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Aaricia, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Aaricia

Aaricia Peer Supporter

I'm more open to talk about my father's alcoholism and about my traumatic childhood. It is a huge step for me since all my life this was kept as the greatest secret, even my dearest friend had no idea about the harm that happened to me. I was ahamed and thought that people would stop like/accept me because of that.

Thanks to the program and my work with psychotherapist I realize that those experiences made me who I am today and there is nothing to be ashamed of. Those who hurt me should. If someone decide to stop accept me because of that - well, that's his problem not mine.
    I would do everything for my husband and my beautiful daughter, and I'm so happy that we have a warm, peaceful home where she can grow up without fear, abuse, and violence. I so proud of us that we have created such a wonderful home for her. I think that it would be very different if my past didn't happened to me.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    Lizzy likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Aaricia,
    I appreciate what you've done with your life. You've worked your process so that you're not passing down the trauma to your child. This is incredible loving, strong work, which will get passed down the generations. Your love will continue to go on and on, I believe, as well as touch those around you now.
    Andy B

3. Martha

Martha Newcomer

Good for you for facing what can be really scary-shame of family past! And it's awesome that you have made the cautious choice not to repeat the pattern with your husband and children. Prayers and good vibes to you! -Martha

4. Aaricia

Aaricia Peer Supporter

@Andy B thank you for your kind words, I need to hear that my efforts will make a significant difference. We need your winsome and experience here in this sub forum.
    @Martha, thanks! I feel your vibes and prayers. Hope your day will go fabulous today!