1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 183 :(GT) TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by georgethee, Mar 19, 2018.

1. georgethee

georgethee Peer Supporter

First off I'm not really counting the days. I haven't even login to the forum for a while or googled TMS. It all seems to help. Brief summary I recovered from neck and back pain last year and relapsed into a urinary issues end of last year.

In the last few months I have read some additional books (Gary Zucuv, Steve Ozanich, Michael Singer) and watch some great videos (Tim Parks, Oprah's Supersoul Sunday). I logged into the forums every so often to read people's journeys. I had to stop doing this because it actually triggered some form of urination urgency.
    In the months of Janaury and February I had anxiety attacks, depression and suicidal thoughts and spoke to my wife very open about it. I would suggest if you in that pattern to talk to someone, anyone you trust.

So, day 183 and I feel better I sleep a little better and my wife didn't leave me (yet :)). I feel good enough that we booked a vacation! It helps that spring is coming and that I can work in the yard with my hands. I read a study that working with your hands help overcome all kinds of mental issues. I started yoga and not for TMS reasons but just for the joy of it.

Although I still have urinary issues it gotten much less. At this point it's an annoyance and it just a matter of time and maybe that vacation that it will vanish completely.

I wish everyone a good start of spring.

Lizzy likes this.