1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 18 Day 18

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by nowtimecoach, Oct 29, 2013.

1. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

What emotions are most prevalent?
    Well this is an easy assignment! Fear and anxiety are the two most prevalent emotions. Everyday that passes I experience the direct correlation of these feelings and the sensations or pain in my back. I know I'm doing good, because the pain signals are firing right and left. There was a line that Eric had in one of his posts to another member. It had to do with forgetting what it is like to be happy and free and relaxed. When I read that, I was struck with the truth of that statement. It has been so long where I've had a run of relaxed living that I literally have forgotten what it is like. To think that I lived my life in an easy going fashion for 50 some odd years and then to barely remember what that feels like, blows my mind. Putting things in perspective though, I was in denial about a lot of emotions during that time and I think was incapable of accessing or feeling them appropriately.
    So in a weird kind of way, I am grateful for this time because as I get better with identifying what is really going on, I'll be able to experience a deeper and more true sense of happiness. I am really really grateful that this chronic pain I've had for 2 years IS tension related and not structural or some disease.
    I'm learning that to write out my fears and anxieties, I can let some of the steam out of tension that builds up in my body. I'm learning that when I go for a fast walk or good bike ride that my body doesn't have as much ability to fire up the pain signals. It is Relaxed! I'm learning more ways to identify fear ruling and ways to deal with it so my brain doesn't end up taking over the system.

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is a very insightful post nowtimecoach with a lot of knowledge
    you stick to what your learning and applying , we will be hearing a success
    sooner than we think- although keep no time limits.
    Visualize yourself pain free in everything you do ok
    Thanks

nowtimecoach likes this.
  3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Going through this work gives us a new perspective on our lives and who we are. As TMSers, we have spent so much time avoiding our emotions and repressing how we really feel. The self-exploration work we do as part of this approach can have a profoundly positive effect on us and help us grow as people. Each of your posts contains more and more wisdom and shows that you are on your way to recovering. Keep it up!

nowtimecoach likes this.