1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 18 - the most prevalent feelings in my journal entries

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MG123, Feb 3, 2018.

1. MG123

MG123 New Member

Hi,

I've doing this program on and off for couple of months. So far, I have reached to day 18.

In the section of "Question To Ponder", the question was what emotions are most prevalent in my journal entries?

As I glanced over my journal entries, I am guessing that the most prevalent emotions that were shown up are:

Lonliness, fear of failure, control (or the loss of control), sadness and anger, as the first three emotions are the most common.

Thank you for letting me this forum to share it. I would be happy to hear your feedbacks, or what are the most common emotions that appear in your journal entries?

Best,
    Mor

Lizzy likes this.
  2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Mine was anger, anger anger and rage!!! No wonder I was ill for over 20 years....! The program is so good at being able to point to what needs addressing. It took me a long time (6 months solidly) to find how to deal with all the anger and how to process anger now without repressing, or roaring like a shewolf at everyone..! But it has worked and I am able to be true to myself, am able to stand up for myself and process stuff that 'triggers' me.
    You cite loneliness and fear of failure and control - these can join together to affect you. When you fear failure you can resist doing things that might ease your loneliness in case 'it doesn't work' or 'you fail'. It is a powerful merry-go-round. Take a leap of faith - do something that might result in finding new friends. Frame it as a 'no fail' activity. Tell yourself that whatever happens you will take some good, some positive from the experience and move forward. I suffered much shyness as a kid, compounded by my family moving every 2 years, new school, new home, new everything. It still makes me cringe to walk into a room as the 'new' kid. But i make myself do it - march into that Tai Chi class, or lampshade-making workshop. Deep down I know I am no better and no worse than any other person - and nor are you... We are all valid human beings and deserve respect from others - and a whole lot of respect from ourselves!!

James53, Liz_NL, MG123 and 2 others like this.
  3. Ithantech

Ithantech Peer Supporter

Great post. Thanks for sharing.

4. MG123

MG123 New Member

You're welcome. Thank you for your response.

5. MG123

MG123 New Member

Thank you for your kind post. It was touching.

I'll keep the stuff that you wrote in mind.

hecate105 likes this.