I have been seeing over and over again that in almost every painful emotional situation or memory, I have felt lonely. It has been very helpful to learn about emotional wounding at the various stages of child development in Harville Hendrix's book, "Keeping The Love You Find". It has helped me realize why I end up feeling lonely so often, because some of my coping mechanisms included becoming the Avoider, Isolator, and Loner. In the book, Hendrix also gives recommended action steps to learn how to become more balanced, and I've been practicing those. It includes a lot of what TMS Wiki teaches: initiating emotional connection with myself and closeness with others, sharing my feelings to myself and others, developing more same-sex friends, sharing my thoughts with the man I'm dating. I'm not gonna lie, it makes me feel very vulnerable, so I'm making sure the sharing is only with people I know are supportive and kind listeners. I realize this was a protective mechanism, so letting others see me without that protection needs to be done when and with whom I feel safe, until I get stronger and more confident about it. Which is REALLY interesting, because I had a long career as a very thick-skinned bank Vice President, including working in the loan collection department for 7 years after the recession hit in 2008. I was one of very few women in a male dominant field. Not surprisingly to me now, it was in 2010 when Bell's Palsy struck and made the right side of my face into a frozen look of despair. (Issues on the right side of the body have to do with men.) I was able to get my face 90% back to normal with months of acupuncture, then the improvements stopped. These first few weeks of the TMS program have been making incremental improvements to the remaining 10% distortion (that makes me look pained / sad). I have been peeling back the layers of the pain and sadness of that vulnerable core slowly and gently... even while writing this post, I can feel more blood flow to my face... so surreal...! I definitely don't feel lonely on this TMS journey, because of all the support provided here. I am so grateful for this Program and the resources in this Wiki!