1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 17

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jodib, Apr 30, 2015.

1. jodib

jodib Peer Supporter

The part of the SEP program that I find most helpful is probably reading the articles and this forum. Today's article was from Monte Hueftle about investigating thoughts and emotions and how they relate to symptoms and how to think clean. This is not coming to me so easy - trying to figure out what I'm feeling and what exactly to do about it.
    Thank you

Lizzy likes this.
  2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

This forum is a HUGE help on the TMS journey. Whatever you are going thru or are stuck on or feel - there will be someone who understands and/or can give advice, support and wise words, tis great!

Lizzy and jodib like this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

It's great to read your comments and know that TMSers are being helped by the web site and forums.

jodib likes this.
  4. jodib

jodib Peer Supporter

What I don't exactly understand, is how I'm supposed to change thoughts that 95% of I am not even aware.

5. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Jodi,
    I am on day 40, and I started in mid Feb, so I am going pretty slow. I plan to start it again because it has helped me so much.

What I am finging is I am becoming more aware as I do the SEP, journal and read lots on the forum. I read threads that don't pertain to my symptoms because so much of the thinking and feeling is similar. As I go along now I recognise thoughts, patterns etc.

It is kind of like when I have gotten a new car, then I begin to see the same model on the road alot.

I think when I go through the program a second time I will get alot more out of it because I will know so much more about what they are trying to teach me. Hopefully this will be true for you also!

Lizzy

hecate105 and jodib like this.
  6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Jodi, don't stress over the feelings parts of the SEP. What may work some some does not mean it can work for all.
    Just get out of the program what you can.

And Lizzy, it's great that you are planning to start the program again. There is a lot in it and
    like a good movie, it can require more than one visit.

hecate105, Lizzy and jodib like this.