1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 17

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Alyssa5, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Alyssa5

Alyssa5 New Member

What part of the program do you find most useful? I enjoy the readings and the videos; the videos help me a lot because it helps cement the ideas to my brain. I am also a visual learner so I understand the information more when the information is transmitted visually than me actually reading about (chronic pain makes it hard to think sometimes). I also enjoy journaling because it is the best way for me to express how I feel without hurting anyone. I feel safe when I write on paper and very deep thoughts are able to come out in my writing. I have a hard time voicing my opinions so writing them on papers helps me release some anger, emotions and frustrations.

KevinB likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Alyssa. I found the journaling to be the most helpful. I put myself in the shoes of those who gave me TMS pain and understand them better and can forgive them. I also visualize a lot. I picture myself back on a sunny beach in the northwoods wilderness canoe country of Minnesota-Ontario and bask in the warmth. I imagine the sunlight to be the Holy Spirit with me, covering and shielding me with His blessed love and care.

Happy Thanksgiving. Our neighborhood in a Chicago had a two-hour power failure this morning so I am thankful that electricity is back on!

3. Alyssa5

Alyssa5 New Member

Happy thanksgiving to you as well; its sunny but cold (for us) today in California. I am happy to be spending it with my dysfuctional family (lol).

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Alyssa5,
    I am glad you are checking in, and finding useful pieces here.

I like this, because it reminds me that when I write, or speak, it is more powerful than simply "thinking to myself."

Andy B.