1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 16

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jodib, Apr 29, 2015.

1. jodib

jodib Peer Supporter

Yes I have told my mom and two daughters about my TMS. Daughters don't have a lot to say, but my mom keeps saying tell to me go to another dr. I tell her any doctor gonna tell me its sciatica. I say And it is. TMS SCIATICA :) I tell her please stop trying persuade me to seek other opinion than TMS. Go me
    Thank you

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, jobiod. Maybe tell your mother a little white lie. Go away for an hour or two, to the library or anywhere,
    then come back and tell her you went to get a second opinion and this doctor knows about TMS and
    said symptoms of sciatica are often from TMS. That's what I would do to stop my mother from harping at me.
    Mothers who do not know about or believe in MindBody pains and healing from TMS do not know best.

Then don't talk about TMS or sciatica with her. Your daughters don't understand about TMS so after you heal,
    which you will, tell them your success story.

Good luck healing. You are on your way toward that wonderful feeling and the adventure of self-discovery
    we get from TMS. The SEP helps get you there.

3. rcguy1982

rcguy1982 New Member

that is great Jodi!

I did the same thing with my father; and even sent him a copy of Mind Body Prescription and told him that I will not see anymore doctors. Way to go us!!!

jodib likes this.