1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 16

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Tassie Devil, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Tassie Devil

Tassie Devil Peer Supporter

Since starting this program have you told anyone about your condition and TMS? Why or Why not? If you have how did they react?
    Yes and no ! Initially when I read HBP and just "trawled" online about TMS, I mentioned it to as many people as I could, because it was such a new yet simple concept for me to learn about so I bored everybody witless. Always having been interested in this from a totally lay perspective I was excited for me, and for most of my friends. However, since actually committing and beginning the SEP I have stopped talking about it because there is just so much to learn and it is NOT a "9 day wonder" that I want to be much better prepared to talk about it to others. I do intend to tell my doctor (there ARE no TMS doctors in Hobart, Tasmania) about it but as I have had no need of doctors for some couple of months since finding this forum, I don't know when that will be! :joyful:
    Also for the last 16 days one of my triggers is actually the SEP. I get butterflies in the stomach, my heart picks up a bit and I become very hot and bothered each time I enter the Wiki. Not the slightest bit surprising to me when one of my past stresses has always been examinations of any kind but I am learning to handle these stresses easier each day by actually using the techniques always talked about, so we're getting there. My pain at this point is still constant as it wakes me in the early morning, but the fear has gone and I now practise my affirmations etc. until it eases enough for me to drop back to sleep.
    I do so enjoy this honest forum.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Tassie D evil. I guess you have a problem on how you think about the SEProgram. I wouldn't think of it as an examination but as a way to discover yourself and what emotions are causing you the pain. I hope you can think of the SEP as a friend who wants to help you. And I suggest you only spend half an hour, an hour at the most, on it each day. Then try to think about and do things that relax you.

Tassie Devil likes this.
  3. Tassie Devil

Tassie Devil Peer Supporter

Thank you Walt. As the Education Program says it will take some time to change my thinking in all things but I absolutely know it will happen and I assure you I do look forward to my daily work and reading the forum for the techniques to deal with it and each day gives me so much new information on my old way of thinking. It was mentioned more as an acknowledgement that I can at last face it without fearing it will go on forever. Having read HBP in January, I have yesterday received my copy of The Mindbody Prescription and look forward to further reading and growth experiences even as a Sen-ager. Relaxation is now one of the first things I use, as opposed to the last. Thanks for your response.