1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 16 Update

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jules, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Jules

Jules Well known member

Well, I have been doing this program for 16 days now and do see progress. I do still have pain, but it is calming down, and when I do have it, I am very focused on not letting it get to me and just moving on with whatever it is I was doing. This is not my first time trying to rid myself of pain, but this is probably the first time I have really accepted TMS 100%.

After nearly 20 years of chronic pain, including myofascial pain, carpal tunnel, RSI, back, hip, neck pain, along with IBS, IC, Costochondritis, Tietz, etc..., I finally have hope I can rid myself completely of chronic pain. I am also doing psychotherapy and uncovering a lot of repressed emotions that I have stuffed for many years, because of my wanting to be good and needing to be accurate personality, along with PTSD and a number of other trumatic events I have experienced over my lifetime.

I know this is going to take time, but I have fully invested myself into this work and believe it will really work this time. I'm doing a lot of self talk and trying very much to just go on and not think about the pain. At times, it's easier than others, but I feel like I am on the winning side. Now to just getting the Courage to get on the computer and start typing, which is what has been a majority of my triggers, if you will.

However, I have read a lot of success stories and I feel very hopeful. ☺️

Blessings,
    Julia

westb likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Julia,
    Thank you for the check-in and wonderful heartfelt report. I am so happy that with all the symptoms/conditions you list, and the length of time you have suffered from these things that you are noticing improvement in 16 days. You seem relaxed about this process, which if true, I think is very helpful. Good luck, and if you have setbacks, just ignore them and gently stay on track.
    Andy B