1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 16 My own insecurities cause me stress

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Cat Lady 13, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Cat Lady 13

Cat Lady 13 New Member

I am realizing through this process how very insecure I really am. I think this is because my parents didn't provide the nurturing that children need. When I was the age of about 11 my parents separated and then I was suddenly responsible for my much younger adopted brother and sister. My mother started having mental health issues and was suicidal. By the time I was in 7th grade things had gotten very bad at home and it continued that way through my teen years. I never felt confident in what I did or who I was. And I still don't. My inner child is still crying.

I am working on developing my confidence at work. I am not proud of myself at work. I feel like I should be trying harder to get a promotion. Like I should do as well as my son who is only 24 and makes quite a bit more than I do. It makes me feel like such a failure.
    If I really think about it though I enjoy what I do and I don't want to travel for work which would happen if I moved into a different position on my team.

Doubting myself and my own judgment causes me stress.

I will learn how to be kind to myself and love myself for who I am every day.